I have a new work in process. I'm taking part in a Doll Challenge; creating a doll from a bottle. I found a great bottle at a church thrift shop....not your usual bottle either. It is pewter and looks to me to be an anointing oil bottle of some sort. Anyway, it was screaming to become the home of one angry Genie, squeezing himself out.
Now the funny part of this is that I started thinking I would create a wire armature for this guy. Shame on me because I had never done that before using clay and after the first coat of clay it was absolutely the ugliest, most laughable creation EVER! I threw it away but wish I had taken a photo first!
Starting fresh, I used a fabric body to support the clay overcoat instead. This is what I have so far.