Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Obsession

Well, you can see that I haven't been here for a little while.  Sorry.  I'll explain more on that later.

For now, though, I wanted to share with you my new obsession!  I have discovered soldering!  OMG, it is a blast and a fun change from making my dolls.  (I love making my dolls but yearned for something new this summer)

I've been hitting every antique mart that I can find in Arizona and California on the hunt for antique bottles. Even filled an empty suitcase with bottles on our holiday in Monterey.


I've found a lot of really great bottles.  Next I dug through my vast collection of shells and coral.  I have shells from California, Mexico, Florida and beyond!  (just a sample here)


Then the fun began...planning, taping, soldering and applying the patina.  I'm obsessed!


I've placed some of these beautiful creations in my Etsy shop.  Come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment